In this role you will get to see the full picture from R&D stage to commercial reality, bring within it a great sense of achievement while advancing your expertise. A typical day might include the following:
- Oversee maintenance, programming and troubleshooting of ABB robotics, Allen Bradley Rockwell PLC and HMI application for automated process equipment.
- Develop and implement software solutions through change control as the need arises.
- Provide technical and automation operational support to Engineering department.
- Provide support to run and maintain the automation systems in production.
- Build and manage a team of support and automation engineers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of instrumentation.
- Independently lead or provide leadership to all phases of automation engineering projects.
- Review current production operations and ensure continual improvement.
- Interact with automation contractors.
- Support project commissioning activities.
- Provide design/approval of hardware, software, and controls for automated equipment.
Skills and Experience:Strong Communication Skills
- Highly motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in written and oral English.
- Be a team player and work effectively within a cross functional multidiscipline team, our partners and suppliers.
- Must have good knowledge of manufacturing automation, machine design, development, and validation processes.
- Direct experience and in-depth knowledge of Allen Bradley Rockwell automation platform.
- Direct experience and in-depth knowledge of robotics, ABB preferred.
- Good disciplines, especially H&S and leadership.
- Quality orientated.
- Eagerness to learn and develop automation procedures using new technologies.
Additional/Desirable Skills Include:
o Knowledge of machine vision systems.
We are growing very quickly, and other needs may arise from time to time that are not specifically highlighted in this job description. The Global Automation Engineering Manager shall be expected to go above and beyond the duties, demonstrate initiative in identifying and solving company needs, and always act to enhance the value and growth opportunities of the company.
Competitive Package with bonus structure for correct person.
Opportunities to travel internationally and a clear career path within the company.
Please apply to by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15th June 2022
About FPD Recycling
FPD Recycling is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We are actively advancing the world’s recycling infrastructure and business models. Headquartered in the University of Limerick campus, we design, build and deploy technology globally. We focus on hazardous and problematic e-waste, making recycling more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. We currently have technology deployed in Europe, Australia and systems to be installed across North America. Our approach is to increase the value from recyclable material through automation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for recycled materials.
Our flagship product, the FPD PRO is state of the art Flat Panel Display (FPD) Recycling Technology providing the only fully automated FPD recycling system available on the market, using flexible automation Artificial intelligence to enable greater process speeds. FPD Recycling provide lifetime support, maintenance and monitoring including consumables on the entire system at a fixed cost per screen.
At FPD, we believe in collaborative, effective and engaged team that are highly focused on their goals and that achieve superior business outcomes. We empower each member of the team to take responsibility and accountability in a no blame culture. Our goal is to build the best team in the world within in AI and Robotics for the recovery of secondary raw material from resource recovery. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth in a rapidly growing SME.