FPD Recycling® is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We are actively advancing the world’s recycling infrastructure and business models. Headquartered in the University of Limerick campus, we design, build and deploy technology globally. We focus on hazardous and problematic e-waste, making recycling more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. We currently have technology deployed in Europe, Australia and systems to be installed across North America. Our approach is to increase the value from recyclable material through automation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for recycled materials.
Our flagship product, the FPD PRO® is state of the art Flat Panel Display (FPD) Recycling Technology providing the only fully automated FPD recycling system available on the market, using flexible automation Artificial intelligence to enable greater process speeds. FPD Recycling® provide lifetime support, maintenance and monitoring including consumables on the entire system at a fixed cost per screen.
At FPD, we believe in collaborative, effective and engaged team that are highly focused on their goals and that achieve superior business outcomes. We empower each member of the team to take responsibility and accountability in a no blame culture. Our goal is to build the best team in the world within in AI and Robotics for the recovery of secondary raw material from discarded electronics. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth in a rapidly growing SME.
- Mechanical design of a growing fleet of robotic machines with control systems including servo motion and high-speed device integration.
- Support current machines in build and in operation with fixes to mechanical issues
- Develop current products with ongoing improvements
- Support Automation Maintenance Manager where required
- Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment
- Fault-find complex automation equipment in conjunction with other team members
- The appointee will work with the machine building partner during design, build and install to have the machines ready for operation in the customer.
- To adapt designs of new machines in line with specific customer requirements
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify designs in house, on customer site and remotely
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy
- Global travel may occasionally be required
- Develop plans to maximise machine uptime and work with build partner, suppliers, and technology to achieve this.
- Lead and feed into Project meetings
- Communicate schedule risks, issues and solutions with Team Lead and senior management
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Be a team player and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Key Personality traits and Skills Include:
- Highly motivated
- Ability to build relationships
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must have good knowledge of manufacturing automation, machine design, development, and validation processes
- Third level qualification in mechanical or other relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 4 years’ hands-on experience in 3D CAD design
- Quality and Innovation
- Ensure good disciplines are in place, especially H&S and leadership
- Responsibility for the overall quality of the mechanical design and build
- Foster innovation as a team culture with all partners
- Effective and efficient communication with customers, partners and suppliers
- Show commercial awareness on projects
Additional/Desirable Skills Include:
- Knowledge of servo motion control, vision systems, robotics, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
- Understanding of machine automation logic and motion control
- Robotics / machine vision integration experience
Competitive Package with bonus structure for correct person.
Please apply to by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 21 February 2022